POLL: Color
David Axt
2004-07-12 02:59:14 UTC
What is the next color that you would like to see on a Rickenbacker?

Me: Dark forest green.

David
Bob
2004-07-12 16:12:03 UTC
Plum Crazy Purple or Vitamin C Orange.

No, I am not kidding.

David
David Axt
2004-07-12 18:52:37 UTC
Post by Bob
Plum Crazy Purple or Vitamin C Orange.
No, I am not kidding.
Bob,

Just curious.......are you getting enough fruit? ;-)

DA
J. Oliver Bryan
2004-07-13 03:25:43 UTC
Post by David Axt
Post by Bob
Plum Crazy Purple or Vitamin C Orange.
No, I am not kidding.
Bob,
Just curious.......are you getting enough fruit? ;-)
DA
Oh yeah I second a "Purpleglo" or "Purpleburst" - like Mark Hudson's
one-off 350. I have bought two Ricks since Jan 03 - a 4003VP Montezuma
Brown and a 350v63 Montezuma Brown (which has yet to arrive) but I'd
definitely try to pick up a Purpleglo axe. It would be awesome on a RIC
hollowbody & I wouldn't be too upset with having a 360/12 in purple.

Since RIC has started using a funky naming convention (ie Blue Boy,
Montezuma Brown) we could petition them & have a drive to name Purpleglo
in the same vein. That might be fun.

Here's Mark Hudson's custom 350:
The headstock is also chequer-bound & the neck is bound in white.

http://www.the-music-connection.com/rpbf.jpg

Cheers
Ollie
JimO
David
Svt300
2004-07-13 18:27:40 UTC
Bring back white. Black trim, chrome hardware.

Tom
Michele
2004-07-13 19:09:29 UTC
PurpleGlo PLEASE!!!!

I'd definitely find a way to buy a PurpleGlow Rick. I'd like to see
it on a version of the 350 with Susanna Hoff's like features although
on any Rick it'd be great!

My second choice would be some sort of "YellowGlo" just because I
don't think I've ever seen that done.

Michele
David
Chris Good
2004-07-14 03:38:24 UTC
I think Monty Brown is a good start - I'd like to see more colours in
a burst pattern, like green, blue, and yes, purple!

Also, I've never been a big fan of the shade of midnight blue that is
used currently. It's too...I don't know...plastic-looking I guess.
Something you'd find in the toy aisle at K-Mart. I think a darker,
almost Navy blue would show off the classic Rickenbacker features much
better. Or a grey-blue type colour....go to www.rickbeat.com and find
the 370/12 O.S. in the "Models" section - that's about the nicest
finish I've ever seen! A shame it was never standard. I guess if I
had my choice for a new colour, that would be it.
JimO

Charles Dryden

David
hobbit
2004-07-15 04:11:00 UTC
a lemonburst...
white to yellow...
David
Wonder Pony
2004-07-16 01:43:50 UTC
TV Yellow!
Oops! sorry for the Gib reference.
I mean, Primary Yellow!

Hell, make it a threesome of primaries.
--
Sir Scott "CMYK..?" McDaniel
David
2004-07-16 04:53:18 UTC
Blue burst (a nice azureglo reminiscent blue)
Green burst (over a nice flame of course)
I'd like to see them change the blue color back to the darker almost
midnight blue that they used to have as well as reintroduce a lighter
azureglo color